Apart from the regular mode, there are 4 different modes in LG Aristo 3 & Aristo 3 Plus. They are Download Mode, Recovery Mode, Safe Mode & Fastboot Mode. Each Mode serves a different purpose. There is a separate partition for the Download, Recovery & Fastboot Mode.
Fastboot mode is used for Bootloader Unlocking. Download, Recovery & Safe Mode are quite useful in troubleshooting. Let’s check out how to enter these modes and make the most of them when needed.
Let’s begin with the Download Mode –
1. How to put LG Aristo 3 in Download Mode – lmx220ma, Aristo 3 Plus lmx220mb
You can use the Download Mode on LG Aristo 3 to upgrade or downgrade (or unbrick) your phone’s firmware using kdz file via LGUP flash tool.
To boot your Aristo 3 into Download Mode –
- Power off your Phone
- Grab a Micro USB Data Cable
- Turn on your computer
- Connect one end of the USB cable to your PC
- Press the Volume UP key on your Aristo 3 & connect the other end of the USB cable to the phone.
- The phone must be now in the Download Mode
The above “Firmware Update” screen is nothing but the Aristo 3 Download Mode.
You are now ready to Download & Flash Stock Firmware on your LG Aristo 3 via LGUP.
2. LG Aristo 3 Recovery Mode – MetroPCS
The recovery mode on LG Aristo 3 comes into rescue in case you’re locked out due to a forgotten screen lock PIN, Pattern, Password, etc.
To boot your Aristo 3 / Aristo 3 Plus into recovery mode –
- Power off your phone
- Press the Volume Down + Power Key to turn on your phone.
- As soon as the LG logo appears (or when the phone vibrates), release the power key and hold it again.
- Keep holding the volume down button during the entire process.
- If done correctly, the phone would boot into the Recovery mode. It’s a white Factory data reset screen as shown below.
Touchscreen doesn’t work in the recovery mode. We have to move up and down using the volume rocker and confirm the selection with the power button.
To perform a hard reset, you need to move down from “No (Exit)” to “Yes” and press the Power button.
Repeat this step to initiate the Hard Reset Process.
For the detailed guide please visit this post –
3. LG Aristo 3 Safe Mode
LG Aristo 3 Safe Mode can aid in detecting app-related issues.
If some app is the root cause of an issue then we can fix the issue using the safe mode.
To boot your Aristo 3 into safe mode –
- While your phone is on, Long-Press the Power Button
- Among the listed options we have to Long-Press the first option i.e. “Power off” as shown above.
- Now a “Safe Mode” option would appear the screen. Tap “TURN ON” to reboot your Aristo 3 into Safe Mode.
The phone is now in Safe Mode. It is marked at the bottom-left corner as visible in the above screenshot.
Apps and Widgets are disabled in the Safe Mode.
However, we are free to uninstall an app.
Check if the issue is gone after booting into safe mode. If the phone is working fine in safe mode, then we have to identify the culprit app using the trial and error method.
To uninstall an app, pull down the notification bar and tap the Settings icon.
In Settings, go to “Apps & notifications” < “App info”.
Select the app which you wish to delete.
Click “Uninstall” as shown above.
The app is deleted.
Now boot into normal mode and check if the issue is gone. If the issue persists, then remove another app until you are able to find the troublesome app.
To exit safe mode –
- Pull down the notification bar and tap “Safe Mode is On”.
- Now select “TURN OFF” to reboot the phone into regular mode.
- A normal restart using the power button will also boot the phone into regular mode.
4. LG Aristo 3 Fastboot Mode
Fastboot Mode on LG Aristo 3 is used for Bootloader unlocking. Please refer to this post to learn how to enter fastboot mode to unlock LG Aristo 3 bootloader.